Forum Theatre for Community Action (Level 2 Joker Training)
Dates: March 1st-3rd: Friday-Sunday from 10am-5pm
***As this training includes collaborative projects, TONYC prefers that participants attend the days in full.
Location: Long Island City, Queens NY 11101 (Address will be sent to registered workshop participants)
Description: This workshop provides the opportunity for facilitators to hone and improve their skills, and engage a rigorous exploration of how to incorporate anti-oppression methodology inside of the work of Theatre of the Oppressed. Participants will lead Forum Theatre games and exercises, share roadblocks they've experienced, and receive feedback from the Theatre of the Oppressed NYC jokers and fellow workshop participants.
- Evaluate your practice based on three essential elements of jokering: accuracy, style and ethics. Discuss the adjustments necessary to meet the needs of different communities.
- Practice facilitating games, learn from the practice of your fellow participants and have the opportunity to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Practice jokering a forum scene, and receive constructive feedback.
- Review and deepen knowledge of the theory and politics that are the foundation of TO.
- Ask questions. Access resources. Build networks.
Facilitators: Liz Morgan & to be confirmed!
— Standard Rate: $400.00
— Half-Price Scholarship Rate: $200.00
— Payment information: A $50 deposit is required to reserve your spot. The balance of your workshop fee is due by February 22nd. Deposits and fees paid to TONYC are non-refundable after February 15th and may not be credited to a future training. Exceptions will be considered at TONYC's discretion.
Application: Please submit an application to attend via this link.
— 1st Application deadline: January 20th. After 1/20, applications will remain open and applications will be reviewed within 2 business days.
— Applicants will be notified on January 24th, and will need to confirm their registration within 7 days.
— If there are spaces available after January 24th, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
For any questions about this training, please contact TS Hawkins at email@example.com. To receive updates about future trainings, sign up for our mailing list at: http://www.tonyc.nyc/newsletter