April Workshop Series: Online Games for Non-Actors, Zoom Icebreakers and Other Facilitation Hacks
Please see our Public Workshops page for all 2021 Workshop updates!
Dates: 8 session workshop starting April 2nd ending May 21st (plus a bonus invite to the Building Forum Scenes Online Showcase on March 29th!)
Time: Fridays, 10a - 12p EST
Facilitators: Liz Morgan, Spark LeoNimm, Gariyana Williams, Donnay Edmund
*Note: We strongly prefer that participants attend the entirety of the training.
Description: Have you been facilitating online workshops during this pandemic? Are you looking for a community of Theatre of the Oppressed practitioners to skillshare with? This workshop might be for you!
“Online Games for Non-Actors…” will focus on how to use the technique of “Jokering” to spark liberated discussions about power, systems of oppression and identity using virtual adaptations of theatre exercises.
- Reflect on their own facilitation practice and engage in a rigorous exploration of how to bring our best selves to digital spaces and places based on three essential elements of jokering: accuracy, style and ethics.
- Discuss the adjustments necessary to meet the needs of different communities online.
- Participants will learn, create and teach-back new games, share roadblocks they've experienced, and receive feedback from the TONYC jokers and fellow workshop participants.
- Review and deepen knowledge of the theory and politics that are the foundation of TO.
- Ask questions. Access resources. Build networks.
This workshop is best suited for individuals with prior facilitation experience.
Rates: This training is priced on a sliding scale. You can apply to pay based on your financial means, the value you wish to receive, or your desire to support.
- Standard Rate: $400.00
- Half-Price Scholarship rate: $200.00 (limited availability)
- Supportive rate: $600.00 (for those who have the personal privilege or institutional backing to subsidize our wider community learning)
- Payment information: A non-refundable $50 deposit is required to reserve your spot.
Application: Submit by February 22. (Registration Closed)
If accepted, please confirm your participation by March 12. Training fees paid to TONYC are non-refundable during the 7 days before the training, and may not be credited to a future training. Exceptions will only be considered at TONYC's discretion.